Close
Login:
Password:
Forgot your password?
Register
Login

Register
Pages: 1
Welcome, Welcome to the T-FLEX CAD general discussion group.

Welcome to the T-FLEX CAD general discussion group.
Share ideas, comments, questions, and suggestions with other members of the T-FLEX CAD community.

Hello. Is this Forum active?

I'm using the student version for an University project. I have made some 3d models and 3d assemblies. The 3d
models includes different materials than "Steel". The problem is when I create 3d fragments in the assembies, I
couldn´t acheive that the program keep the original materials in the 3d models. The program use "Steel" as material
for all the fragments.

It is a limitation of the student version or I´m doing something wrong?

Thank a lot

Regards.  

Fernando Resquínwrote:
Hello. Is this Forum active?

I'm using the student version for an University project. I have made some 3d models and 3d assemblies. The 3d
models includes different materials than "Steel". The problem is when I create 3d fragments in the assembies, I
couldn´t acheive that the program keep the original materials in the 3d models. The program use "Steel" as material
for all the fragments.

It is a limitation of the student version or I´m doing something wrong?

Thank a lot

Regards.

Hello Fernando Resquín

When you insert 3D fragment to assembly material is taken from the file of 3d fragment and original material is of cause kept. No limitation
In properties of 3D fragment you can see such a dialog. If active "From source operation" - your material is taken from 3D fragment file

Hello Alexey.

Thanks for your answer. To be more specific, my model has parts made of aluminum and painted red and gold. When
I insert the part as 3d fragment in a 3d assembly, it appears that the colors are ok, but the aluminum and the paints
doesn´t appear in the tree of the 3d assembly. There is only "Steel" in the "Materials" folder and all the 3d fragments
have only "Steel" associated.

Because of this, I don´t know if the software really is using the materials that I selected for each part. My final
objective is to run the dynamics test and calculate inertia matrix.

Please look at the files attached and compressed.

Regards.

Fernando Resquínwrote:
Hello Alexey.

Thanks for your answer. To be more specific, my model has parts made of aluminum and painted red and gold. When
I insert the part as 3d fragment in a 3d assembly, it appears that the colors are ok, but the aluminum and the paints
doesn´t appear in the tree of the 3d assembly. There is only "Steel" in the "Materials" folder and all the 3d fragments
have only "Steel" associated.

Because of this, I don´t know if the software really is using the materials that I selected for each part. My final
objective is to run the dynamics test and calculate inertia matrix.

Please look at the files attached and compressed.

Regards.

Please, do not pay much attention to steel material in this case - It just our error, that we are gonna to fix in new ver of T-FLEX CAD.
Also, you should understand, that our CAD supports multy-body 3D modeling inside 3D part file (do not mix up with 3D assembly) - so, in one document you can have several materials, that's why now we are looking for a solution to show these materials in Model tree of 3D Assembly - each fragment can consist of several bodies and as a result has several materials

OK, thanks for everything, Alexey.

Regards.

Hello Fernando,

To be absolutely sure about the material, you can "measure" the density, e.g. from the context menu.
Please have a look at the attached.

Regards,
Pages: 1